HOTPOD WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
Limited Return to Base 10-Year Warranty
St Ives Alternative Energy Ltd t/a Hotpod guarantees that the Hotpod will be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of ten years from the date of purchase, except that the door glass, grate, baffle, ash-pan, paint or enamel finish, and rope seals shall be guaranteed for a period of one year as described below.
St Ives Alternative Energy Ltd t/a Hotpod will repair or replace any part, except the door glass, grate, baffle, ash-pan, paint or enamel finish and rope seals, found to be defective upon inspection by St Ives Alternative Energy Ltd t/a Hotpod. The customer must return either the defective part, or the Hotpod, with postage prepaid, to St Ives Alternative Energy Ltd t/a Hotpod.
If, upon inspection, the damage is found to be the fault of the manufacturer, the Hotpod will be replaced, or repairs authorised at no charge to the customer for parts and/or labour.
Any Hotpod or part thereof that is repaired or replaced during the warranty period will be warranted for the remaining term of the original warranty.
Limited 1-Year Warranty
The door glass, grate, baffle, ash-pan, paint or enamel finish, and rope seals of the Hotpod are warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from the date you receive it. If found to be defective they will be repaired or replaced at no charge, upon the return of the part with postage prepaid to St Ives Alternative Energy Ltd t/a Hotpod.
EXCLUSIONS & LIMITATIONS
1. This warranty is not transferable.
2. Proof of original retail purchase is required.
3. This warranty does not cover misuse of the Hotpod.
Misuse includes over-firing which will result if the Hotpod is used in such a manner as to cause one or more of the plates to glow red. Over-firing can be easily identified later by warped plates and areas where the paint has burnt off.
This warranty does not cover misuse of the Hotpod as described in the Installation and Instruction Manual, nor does it cover any Hotpod that has been modified. This warranty does not cover damage to the Hotpod caused by burning salt-saturated wood, chemically treated wood, painted wood or plastics, or any fuel not recommended in the Installation and Instruction Manual.
4. This warranty does not cover a Hotpod repaired by anyone other than St Ives Alternative Energy Ltd t/a Hotpod. Repair of Hotpods by third parties without prior agreement of St Ives Alternative Energy Ltd t/a Hotpod voids the warranty.
5. Claims are not valid where the installation does not conform to local building and fire codes or, in their absence, to the recommendations in our Installation and Instruction Manual.
6. St Ives Alternative Energy Ltd t/a Hotpod shall have no obligation to enhance or update any unit once manufactured.
7. IN NO EVENT SHALL ST IVES ALTERNATIVE ENERGY LTD T/A HOTPOD BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE AFTER DELIVERY.
HOW TO OBTAIN SERVICE If a defect is noted within the warranty period, the customer should contact St Ives Alternative Energy Ltd t/a Hotpod in writing with the following information:
1. Name, address, and telephone number of the purchaser
2. Date of purchase
3. Invoice number
4. Nature of the defect or damage
5. Any relevant information or circumstances, e.g., installation, mode of operation when defect was noted.
– via email: email@example.com
– via post: P O Box 137, ST IVES, Cornwall, TR26 2WW
(please note this is not the address for returning a Hotpod)
– or telephone with any questions: 01736 797285
A warranty claim will then start in process. St Ives Alternative Energy Ltd t/a Hotpod reserves the right to withhold final approval of a warranty claim pending a visual inspection of the defect by its representatives.